Reasonable Suspicion Drug Testing
Run a drug-free workplace when you partner with CCM. We can help you establish a robust drug testing program that stays compliant with all applicable federal, state, and local guidelines.
What is Reasonable Suspicion Drug Screening?
Employers in Missouri have the right to test employees for illegal drug and alcohol use if there is reasonable suspicion of substance use. In fact, in some cases, drug and alcohol testing may be mandatory if an employer suspects an employee of substance abuse, as is the case with employees performing safety-sensitive duties for the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT).
“Reasonable suspicion” here means direct observation of changes in behavior or appearance due to substance abuse. In other words, reasonable suspicion can occur if a credible source, such as a supervisor or coworker, notices behavioral or physical signs that indicate alcohol or drug use, such as:
- Visual or mobile impairment
- Dilated pupils
- Bloodshot eyes
- Unusual or strong body odors, including the distinct smell of prohibited substances like cannabis
- Erratic behavior
The CCM Promise
Employers all over the St. Louis, Missouri area have chosen CCM for help implementing their company’s drug and alcohol policy.
- Accurate test results, every time.
- Compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Quick results that save you time.
- Rapid collection processes to keep operations running smoothly.
- Straightforward, easy testing procedures.
- Thorough reviews of all test results received.
- A wide range of services to suit your needs, from post-accident testing to return-to-duty testing processes.
Contact us today. We can help you implement a strong alcohol and drug testing policy at your workplace that keeps alcohol and drug abuse out of your job sites.
Disclaimer – This article does not offer legal advice.